Do you have the maths skills you'll need to work in a hair salon?
Watch this Toni & Guy stylist talking about how she uses maths everyday at work
Toni & Guy stylist, Maria Lloyd talking to the National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics, says:
- "Whether you were great at maths at school or not - you have to have an element of maths in your training"
- "I didn't like maths at school, and I found it very difficult when I trained."
- "Each cut is very technical¿You have to know angles of 45° and 90° from the head shape."
- "Also the colouring and highlights¿you have to know your quantities and volumes in order to measure up the correct tints and peroxide."
"I'm very surprised how much maths is involved in hairstyling."
Toni & Guy stylist, Maria Lloyd
To get started:
- You can enrol online and start today.
- You'll have tutor support every step of the way.
- And your qualification may be FREE thanks to Government funding!
(We'll confirm this with you before you start your learning).
- Get qualified with the right skills
- Impress employers
- Improve your chances of getting a job