We've compiled a troubleshooting checklist to help you redeem your Groupon offer for our language courses.
My code doesn't work:
- Groupon codes purchased in June 2012 can be redeemed from 2pm the following working day. Please don't enter your code before then.
- Your Groupon code can only be used once.
- You can only use your Groupon code for the courses specified in the deal.
- Ensure you're using the correct code - this will be highlighted in your email from Groupon. Don't get it mixed up with the security code!
- Use your Groupon code before it expires! Your code is valid for 30 days following your initial purchase from Groupon. We can't fulfil orders from expired Groupon codes.
My shopping cart is empty:
- If you have selected your course but your shopping cart is empty, please check that cookies are enabled on your PC. This setting can usually be found in the 'Internet Options' menu of your Browser. You can then add the course to your basket via www.learndirect.co.uk/redeemgroupon/.
Where do I enter my Groupon code?
- After choosing your course and logging in or registering, you should enter it on the checkout page here:
How do I access my course?
- Follow the steps on www.learndirect.co.uk/redeemgroupon to get your language course.
Once you've successfully used your Groupon code on our eCourses website, you can log in to your course at any time. Go to www.learndirect-business.com, and log in with the username and password that you selected on registration. Your course can then be accessed on the 'My Courses' page, by clicking on the course title.
What's an enrolment key?
- Enrolment keys are special access codes that we generate if you've bought the course for someone else. You can send it to the person you bought the course for. They'll just need to register at www.learndirect-business.com and enter the enrolment key on the 'My Courses' page.
- Please note, you don't need an enrolment key if you've ordered your course for yourself. Ticking the option on the order confirmation screen will mean the course is automatically added to your own account.
What happens if I bought the Groupon language offer as a gift for a friend?
You'll have the option to tell us this by ticking a box when you're redeeming your course. When you buy a course for a friend by ticking that box, we'll send you the enrolment key. Give this to the person who'll be doing the course. They can then register, login and enter their enrolment key to access their course.
I'm having problems running my course:
- Our language courses require a PC with Windows XP or Vista operating system, Internet Explorer or Firefox browser, and 2MB+ broadband connection.
- You'll also need sound and a speaker on your PC.
- To make sure your course launches correctly, run the Update My PC tool. It takes a few minutes to run Update My PC and then up to 15 minutes to update your computer.
Can I access my courses on my smartphone or mobile device like an iPad?
No. Our languages courses won't load properly on a Mac, smartphone or an iPad. Please access your courses on a PC.
I bought more than one Groupon code:
You'll have to check out separately for each language, starting from the main redemption page. This is because we can't process more than one Groupon code at a time.
Want to buy more courses that aren't included in the Groupon deal?
You can either add more courses to your basket before you check out, or you can revisit the eCourses website at any time.
Need to contact us?
You can call us on 0845 872 0215. We're open Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm, Saturday 9am to 6pm, and Sunday 10am to 6pm.
About Your Course
What will I learn from my beginner level course?
With our beginner course (Talk Now), you'll soon be able to:
- Use greetings and essential phrases
- Order food and drink
- Ask for directions
- Describe food, colours, shopping, parts of the body, numbers, telling the time and countries
- Develop a wide vocabulary
What will I learn from my 4-course bundle?
If you bought a bundle of 4-courses levels, you will find 4 courses on your 'My Courses' page.
In addition to the beginner level course (detailed above) you'll also get:
Beginner plus level. This teaches you to:
- Pronounce the alphabet
- Use basic conversational phrases whilst you're at the hotel, talking on the phone, at a restaurant or out shopping
- Use structures that can be adapted to fit different situations and put together complete sentences
- Describe an emergency
- Build your confidence in speaking
Intermediate level. This will help you to:
- Focus on your social life with up-to-the-minute phrases
- Describe your family, home, school and work
- Talk about sports, current affairs, your hobbies and friends
- Develop a social networking vocabulary
Business level. This will help you to:
- Develop a general business vocabulary
- Use specialist phrases
- Discuss business meetings and arrange business travel
- Take part in advanced discussion of exchange rates, product guarantees and marketing budgets
- Talk about your career
Can I swap my beginner course for a higher level?
No, but you can buy the additional higher levels (where available) at any point. Look out for an email from us in the next few weeks for a special discount code extending to our other languages and levels!
How long do I get access to my language for?
Once you've opened your course, you'll get access to your language course for 12 months. This means during that time, you can dip in and out to learn whenever suits you.
The 12 month subscription also applies to course bundles.
Are there any other special offers to help me progress through the languages?
As a special thank you to our Groupon customers, look out for an email from us containing discount codes to buy other language courses at the same discounted price of £9.90.
I bought an English language course because I speak a different language. Can I learn English with instructions in my own language?
Our English language course and bundle comes with support in all other languages that we offer- so you get instructions in your own language. Just choose your support language by clicking on the flag, as you'll see below.
I bought a different language course, but English isn't my first language. Can I learn my chosen language with instructions in my first language?
For all of our beginner courses, support and instructions are available in more than 100 languages. Just change the language when you log in, by clicking on the flag.
Our 4-level bundles come with support in over 40 languages too!